Monday, February 9, 2015

The Outer Space Men From Colorforms

 
 

 

Of all the toys that were ever made few are on my grail list of toys like these Outer Space Men from Colorforms. Each is such a fantastic example of design and imagination combined into a concept that makes no sense. None of the characters seem connected to each other in anyway. It's hard to tell a good guy from a bad guy just by look which gives them huge play value. I can imagine having a bag of these on a long car ride and being perfectly content with inventing adventures in my head. As great as the originals were, the new versions are even more beautiful, especially when photographed by a professional. How can you not want these on your shelves?
 
 


 
There is a whole new collection of new figures based on the classics and I am searching the recreations since the originals are outrageously priced - especially mint on card. I especially love the clear helmets on these guys. Beautiful stuff.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Some of these we have never seen... and still have some of the colorforms set....

said...

I always wanted these toys...

said...

Where do you get these new ones?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

They could be found online. Just google them. They are only a few years old. I am looking myself for that female astronaut.