Friday, March 13, 2015

TV Times

American Crime is just about as gut wrenching a program that I have ever seen on network television. The show involves all the characters around one vicious crime - the accused and the families of the victims and examines their lives from every angle after the event. I found the first two episodes to be extremely compelling with fantastic performances all around. There is just so much pain laid raw on screen that I could never binge on a show like this but once a week I can watch. It perfectly takes the place of How To Get Away With Murder. I think I can get into these 13 episodes seasons. Someone at the American networks is looking at what British TV has done for years and are now reaping the benefits. Empire also did well because people like interesting CONTAINED stories. Hopefully the days of 26 episode seasons full of filler are a thing of the past, especially when someone has a dramatic story to tell. The show claims to be about race but I find that the racial message is very subtle and in no way does the show takes sides. The creators are not creating saints out of victims here. No one is without sin in this glass house.



1 comment:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I'm hooked on "Better Call Saul" myself.