Saturday, May 9, 2015

Cultural Compulsive Disorder Does 50th Podcast

 
Mike and the boys of New York City have always been huge supporters of the Cave of Cool. I am honored that he would think of my little blog as something he would want to emulate. Right back atcha, Brother. I love the way you have continued your mission and I am thankful for the times you let me be a tiny part of it. I stopped contributing post only because I never wanted to be put Mike in the position of having to reject something I wrote. I would feel bad if that happened because I understand the importance of a vision.
 
My dream is to one day go to the NY Comic Con just so I can see the event through the eyes of guys who are living their pop cultural dreams. Check out the fun by following the link below.
 
Five long years ago I started Cultural Compulsive Disorder, and I had a vision. I wanted my blog to be HUGE right away. I wanted to be Topless Robot, Cal's Cave of Cool, Freddy In Space or Super Punch... but without all the hard work that the guys that put those sites together had put in. I wanted it THEN... and I WANTED IT QUICK. But that is not how it works. So I busted my ass trying to load up this blog with content. 5-7 posts a day, 25-35 posts a week. Covering NY Comic Con, throwing events, making connects.... reaching out to a bunch of the guys that ran the sites above (whattup Cal & Johnny!) so that I can get some pointers. I tried to surround myself with a kick ass team of co-contributors who all believed in our brand and making it huge.

http://www.ccdblog.com/2015/05/the-ccd-podcast-episode-50-ccd-film.html#comment-form

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a nice shout-out to you, Cal.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know. I eat that stuff up like biscuits and gravy.