Saturday, May 9, 2015

Infini (2015)


If there is one kind of movie genre that I love it's when a group of soldiers are sent into a bad situation to discover why some base or lab or moon or spaceship was destroyed. Of course the search and rescue team is the best they have but they are not enough to stop the evil onboard the Infini Station.

I found this one in the released to DVD file so I don't expect much.

The science they use for space travel owes something to the Matrix but suffice it to say that any use of the teleportation technology may create 'glitches' in the human travelers. There in lies the madness and the mystery as to what is going on in deep space. I have to admit that the solution was one I never expected. I love a good surprise.

I hoped this one wouldn't devolve into some zombie in space movie. They have a good set-up so I hoped for a decent payoff. They do a good job at building relationships between the characters. That always makes the eventual deaths just that much more meaningful.

Calvin's first piece of advice. Maybe when you enter a frozen space station, it's not always the best idea to turn on the HEAT when you are surrounded by normal frozen people and deformed frozen people.



Sometimes there is a little too much running through steam filled tunnels for me. But there were enough trippy scenes and dialogue to keep me interested. I have been thinking how much I enjoyed the ending of the film. I know it will stick with me for days. At least this film is trying to be about something and I appreciate that.

No comments: