Sunday, August 16, 2015

Another Charming Summer In Yosemite

 
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. — The deaths of two young campers killed when a tree branch fell on their tent and a campground closure because of plague has cast a pall over California's Yosemite National Park at the height of the summer tourist season.
 
The large limb from a black oak fell on the tent of the two young campers as they slept Friday, Yosemite spokesman Scott Gediman said. The campers, described only as under 18, were both dead when rangers arrived at the Upper Pines Campground, he said.
 
Large fallen limbs are a common occurrence at Yosemite, and they have occasionally led to deaths.
Meanwhile, park officials said Friday they will temporarily close another popular campsite after two squirrels died of plague.
 
The Tuolumne Meadows Campground will close from noon Monday through noon Friday so authorities can treat the area with a flea-killing insecticide. Plague is carried by rodents and is spread by fleas, but transmission between people is rare.
 
Between the plague mice and the serial killers, this place is on my list of least favorite vacation sites. I just hear a bad story come out of that place every summer of my life. I hear the words YOSEMITE and I get a chill up my back. They have SQUIRRELS WITH PLAGUE!! PLAGUE!! That is nature telling you people something.
 
 
Oh and as I was writing this I saw another story with the word YOSEMITE in it. I swear, no news about that place is ever good news. This bear just LOOKS guilty even if he is not the one.
 
 
 

No comments: