Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Breaks My Heart


 
I watched a lot of syndicated television in the late 70s. When we returned from living in Europe I was overwhelmed by all the English language television. Star Trek and Batman were on everyday in syndication so it was impossible not to notice Yvonne Craig. She had such an impact on me as a young teen in a way I hadn't experienced since first seeing my beloved Caroline Munro in The Golden Voyage Of Sinbad. All us geeks know her contribution to popular culture and we understand how much it sucks than anyone has to get old and die - especially someone as beautiful as Yvonne. Somehow she should have gotten a pass.
 
 
 
Her black and white photos are my favorite.
Timeless.
 









 
You can learn more about her life and career by going HERE.
 
 
 

11 comments:

bliss_infinte said...

My first and pretty much only celebrity crush. Always thought she was stunning. Incredibly talented in many areas of entertainment and expression. So sad she's gone.

Drake said...

I Loved her so much, bless you Yvonne.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Her greeny-blue dancing girl will live forever.

Unknown said...

To paraphrase a wise man "There will always be room for Yvonne Craig"

j-swin said...

so beautiful, very sad news.

Wings1295 said...

:(

Barbecue17 said...

This is a great tribute, Kal.

A friend texted me early this morning and shared the news. I'm very fortunate to have a few autographed and personalized pieces of memorabilia from Ms. Craig as part of my Batgirl collection. In my book, Barbara Gordon and Yvonne Craig are inseparable. Even though Barbara Gordon has changed over time, Yvonne Craig's portrayal of her really did help develop the character, turning her into an everlasting favorite.

Prayers for her family during this time.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Planning my tribute for saturday.

Her Batgirl was y first crush. You don't forget that.

She was also a local girl. Well...local to where I grew up.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Universally beloved. Like something from our childhoods that they couldn't spoil. Timeless, classic. She was and remains the standard of childhood crushes to which all other celebrity women have to reach to be considered. Even I was thinking if she really deserved number 2 status anymore on my list of crushes. She will always be there on film for us to enjoy. But that doesn't mean it still doesn't suck to hear.

jester59388 said...

Such a beautiful and kind person -- gone far too soon! Beautiful, gifted and talented, she will be missed by all whose lives she ever touched. She'll always be my Batgirl!

Rob R said...

Great post, Cal!