Thursday, August 20, 2015

The One That Started The Revolution

 
You had to put this one in the oven because it had a metal tray. Not for the microwave because microwave ovens weren't common when I enjoyed this fine product. The conventional oven cooked the chicken to perfection with the right taste and crisp to the skin. The potatoes were awesome with a little butter. I ate many of these after school as a kid. I would eat this everyday if they still made it. The current Chicken Diner from Swansons uses a pressed chicken parts nugget. Hardly the same difference.
 

5 comments:

j-swin said...

get the hungryman brand fried chicken dinner, it's the closest thing out there. plus it comes with a brownie!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I will look for that but I can't imagine it being the same.

j-swin said...

Oh no, it's not the same what with the hormones and additives these days but it's like a hundred years from now when people say:
"Well, it's kind of like clean drinking water, not as good as the original but it's ok."

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I ate my fair share of these when I was a university student. There were no microwaves then.

Jordan said...

I used to eat the Swanson meat loaf dinner. I would remind my mother to open the oven and peel back the foil at the right time.