Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday From The REAL Toybox Of Cool

 
This dish is special because it's one of those special limited edition porcelain pieces from Hallmark that my dear Mother got me special one Christmas. I have to give her credit for knowing that it was unique enough and superhero enough to interest me. I would never dream of using it for change or keys because I don't want to ruin it. (Wait until you see my Millennium Falcon plate - she was hip enough to get that too.)
 
 
It's a perfect piece to start a NEW Tuesdays From The Toybox which from now on will ONLY show toys I actually have in my collection. It's a major project to pack them up in their own tubs after taking a picture of them and documenting their condition. So I want to see how many weeks I can fill with fresh material as I redo my displays. Good times at the Cave of Cool for a lonely introvert like me when it's too hot outdoors to do anything but spend time in the basement.
 
All the Monster High stuff is now in the same place.
 

 
 
 
 


 
 

 
 













 



 

 
Marvel Select makes some great figures.

 
(click to enlarge)
 

4 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Very cool Collection good Sir...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's okay. Not great but okay.

Jordan said...

Hey, Cal...I thought of you when I did this. (It was intended for Slate but didn't get used.) My fervent defense of True Detective Season 2:

http://www.jordanorlando.com/ns/index.php/true-detective-reinvented-the-noir-tradition/

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Wow. Slate...the big time. Thanks for the heads up. I hate how much both these seasons stick with me and I can't totally dismiss them out of hand like I do with most things I hate. I even liked Fantastic Four and can see where the studio fucked things up because most of that picture is not deserving of all the hate. But boy that True Detective. Still I think about how much I loved that finale which FINALLY that show gets right. NOW I want to see more. Gah. Television, I am your bitch mistress. You own my soul.