Sunday, November 22, 2015

I Admit It

I love the little dance the Violet one does before her transformation into a Power Ranger.



I tell this story often. When I was a teacher at the height of the Power Rangers mania here in North Am there was a Kindergarten graduation. As the teacher gave each 'graduate' their certificate she read a little something they had written about themselves as these were projected on the screen in the kids own handwriting. Favorite color, favorite season ect... Then at the bottom was the question - What do you want to be when you grow up? To a kid, each put down POWER RANGER. They were six but they could write the words in big block letters. Some used a different colored crayon to signify WHICH Ranger they wanted to be.

Now that is a powerful influence and is the one reason I give much slack to my Brother Erik who LOVES this stuff. I like the transformations but each episode seems similar to me. However, Erik is an expert on what I call Power Rangers and I respect that kind of dedication to one genre or program. If you have to have a program obsession, you can't do much better than the old Power Rangers. You all know I have a deep love for Kimberly, the first, best and ONLY Pink Ranger. Oh Amy Jo, I love you so.


 

3 comments:

GC said...

Ah man. I'm with you. I was a huge fan of Amy Jo Johnson.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, I missed all this because I was an adult at the time.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

So was I but that didn't make a difference to me.