Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I Want To Consign This Abomination To The Fire

 
I have been cleaning out my stuff and putting everything alike in their own tubs. Of all my paperbacks that I was FORCED to read, this is the one I hated the most. I realized only after reading to the freakin' last page that they made a movie of the book. I could have avoided the entire horrible trip upon the Pequod if I had known. I would burn this one but I want to always keep proof of the suffering I have done to become the enlightened educated Renaissance man I am today.
 

4 comments:

Monc said...

I had a professor in college who always taught 19th Century American Lit. He noticed he had a fair number of students who would ask him what they would be reading before the semester started -- anyone who did this was usually a suck-up, a wannabe teacher's pet. He started telling these students to read "Moby Dick"... and then he wouldn't teach that book that semester.

You didn't play games with Doc Reardon.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Son of a Bitch. That is just EVIL to do that for just asking a question. I would rather be waterboarded than to go through this one again.

DrGoat said...

Read it back in the 60s. I like the idea of it and the movie
with Gregory Peck was great, but the reading of it is quite
a chore to say the least.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ugh. I hear ya, brother. But goddammit, I'm still thinking about that book. It haunts me!