Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New To The Cave Of Cool

You all know how much I loves me my cosplay. I enjoy the combination of artist/designer/model and how the three go into creating a winning image - a comic book character brought to life. I see a lot of cosplay photography and few if any are as good at what they do as Riki.


Not only is she an awesome cosplayer but she is a great person which in a world of scoundrels I find refreshing. Yes, she is cuter than a speckled pup but there is so much more. So to support her and her work with rescuing baby squirrels (yes, that's the truth) and her Cosplay For A Cause calendar and her continued efforts as a cosplayer, I purchased two of her prints.


Of course I wound up with 4 but that is the kind of girl she is. I had to make a tough choice but I am very happy with them. The old Mary Marvel was one of the first costumes I saw her do and the custom, original Squirrel Girl is her latest masterwork. I know I am a fanboy but that is the nature of fandom, is it not? I only admire the coolest things out there and Riki is just cool.

 
I also had to show you the size of the print against the action figures on my wall. So great.

 
Oh look, a spot was just waiting for something to go there.
 
 

2 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

glorious... thank you.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thank you for appreciating it the way I do.