Saturday, June 18, 2016

OJ: Made In America


 
I am well into part two of this fascinating documentary on a topic I thought I knew everything about. This time, however, we hear from a myriad of people who were around OJ from his glory days at USC and his post football fame to the infamous murderer he has become. We see footage from the times and how it all ties into fame and how fame turned a narcissist into a killer. Like I said earlier, I thought I knew everything about OJ but this is full of new angles and historical context that creates a solid examination of the times that allowed an OJ to exist and go eventually go free for a crime he DID commit. It's about Rodney King and the community where he was beaten by the cops and the riots occurred. It was from this community that the jury for the OJ trial were chosen and we all know how that turned out.
 
I wonder if I will still be fixed on every second of this documentary when we get to the trial of the century. I have seen that stuff a million times especially in the recent OJ miniseries/docu drama. I am hoping for something fresh and new. I don't know why I find this subject so interesting to me but this ten hour documentary is the way to get the ENTIRE story.
 
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm all OJ-ed out after the mini-series.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I thought I was too but without a doughy John Travolta I have room for some more. But it's unfortunate both of these came out in the same year.