Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Dr. Goat Gifts Me Again


 
If you read my blog you know Dr. Goat. He is someone who has supported me and my work since those shaky early days. He comments on most everything I do and he is the poster child for my 'like minded traveler' mantra. I love Peter like a brother so when his package arrived I knew it would be something great inside. I had no idea how great, however. Just look at this thing. It remind me of The Pirates of the Caribbean and I love all the design touches. It also weighs a ton.
 
I  have always wanted a decorative human skull for my office command center since I was a child. All the best creative people seem to have one among the clutter that gives them inspiration. At least they did in all the black and white photos of their work spaces I had ever seen growing up.
 
But no ordinary skull would do it for me after we visited Hallstatt Austria. For such a picturesque place they have a gloomy tradition of digging up their ancestors and putting their bones on display after decorating them. This was because the space for graves were limited and digging up and placing the bones in a special building seemed like a reasonable solution to that problem.
 


 
The resin skull that Dr. Goat (Peter) send me is covered in such ornamentation as you can see. It's a great piece and I am grateful to have it in my collection. I will have to find a special place of honor amongst all my other treasures.
 

8 comments:

Tim Knight said...

That is beyond cool (if such a thing is possible). What an incredible present. You are clearly worshipped and adored ;-)

DrGoat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DrGoat said...

Sorry it couldn't be real, but I think it would have been stopped at the border. The international gem show that comes to Tucson every February is a 2 week long buying fest for us. They have everything under the sun for sale. Knew you would like it, brother from another mother.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thanks again. It hit me right where I live.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That DrGoat is a real sweetie!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Like you he is one of those people I would like to meet in real life one day.

Dr. Theda said...

the "realistic rotting Skull (early to mid 80's (as seen in Fangoria ads... were crafted by Mr. Jim Lawrence (Morris Costumes)...

csmith2884 said...

great gift