Monday, March 27, 2017

Miss Marvel From Kotobukiya

Kotobukiya continues to bring fan-favorite characters to life in their Bishoujo series, and next up is Ms. Marvel, Kamela Kahn! This beautifully sculpted 1/7 scale statue is based on a new character interpretaion and illustration by Shunya Yamashita. Ms. Marvel stands ready for action in her blue and red outfit, scarf tails trailing behind her. Display alone or alongside other Bishoujo statues based on characters appearing in Marvel Comics!


 
I love the design of these Kotobukiya girls but this one I will pass on. I am not a completist when it comes to this line and I would rather have the Squirrel Girl that will be released around the same time. I don't know much about this character except that she is Muslim and can stretch like Mr. Fantastic.
 

3 comments:

nolan said...

My problem with this character is not so much that she's clearly a "diversity hire" but that she has the same name as another established marvel superheroine.
Don't know her backstory, but why not give her her own unique costume, name and skill-set?
Call her "Adaptress" or something...

I'm assuming she's a fangrrrl of the original ms Marvel, that this is a homage and she'll find her own superheroine "voice" later...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Has your Lady Loki arrived yet?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Not yet but I hope this week. They said it was sent. Looking forward to getting her.