Sunday, December 3, 2017

Godless - Episode 3


There are only seven episodes so I feel like I have to space these out lest I use up all the goodness to soon.

Merritt Wever is awesome as a whole new kind of western woman. One who can wield a gun better than any man and love a woman better than any man - if you catch my drift. Okay, she is a lesbian but in a town full of woman you knew that one girl would be out and proud about her feelings. Merritt is perfect for the role because she takes no shit from anyone and apologizes for nothing that she does or has done because she always has the best interests of her town and the silver mine at heart.

 
 
I am enjoying the way this show builds it's characters. The 'hero' should be the worst kind of scumbag but I can't reconcile his past life with how he treats the boy who has been raised entirely by women but NEEDS to learn how to master a horse just like his Indian people. Joseph is only half native but horse riding should be in his blood. How Joseph finds his heritage is an great scene.
 
Then Roy writes his own name for the first time and a cold chill runs down my back. No way is this the beginning of something better for him. It's only a taste of the man he could have been if he has never met Frank Griffin. Savour your new life now, Roy. I don't think you are going to be able to enjoy if for long.
 
The whore who doubles as the kindergarten teacher is hot and I am not ashamed to admit that. She's more proud of being a prostitute because that's where the real money is. Kindergarten teacher is just her side gig.
 
And then Frank Griffin arrives for all of two minutes and I realize that I need not get attached to any one character because this will not end well for anyone.
 

No comments: