Sunday, January 14, 2018

In Case You Missed The Big News The First Time Around


 
I know I bitch too much about comments but the near total silence that greeted a recent cool milestone is making me mental. Is everyone so damaged and jaded that NO ONE thinks 8,000,000 page views was something worth commenting on? Especially if you have been a regular for any amount of time now. Can't you just toss poor pathetic Cal a bone even if you have to lie right to my face and make up something nice to say. I will never know the difference.
 
No forget I said anything. Nothing begged for is worth having. I am just hurt by some harsh truths and I need to get over it. No, seriously. I will resent anyone who NOW wants to build me up - something that costs you nothing but a little bit of time. I do this alot online when I comment and I feel good about how I leave the people I find. Unless they are trump loving nazis then those people I make cry.
 
Honest. I will feel insulted by anyone who comments now. I am sorry I don't do enough to inspire others to share in on the fun. I forget how odd I am sometimes and need this kind of wake-up call so in that respect I should thank you all.
 

4 comments:

DrGoat said...

Sorry, took the weekend offline. Congrats old bean. Quite an accomplishment.

jester59388 said...

Dude, a couple of things: First, this blog is a thing I look at when I need a break at work. If this happened and was announced over the weekend, I wouldn't have seen it.

Second, now that you mentioned it here, I went looking for the page counter. It's all the way at the bottom of the page, which I never scroll down to because the link to newer or older posts is in the middle of the page and everything under that is blank.

Third, the page count number doesn't show up in my browser, so even if I HAD looked this weekend at the bottom of the page, I still would have had no idea how many page views there were. The only browser on my work laptop is IE and I can't download anything else on to it for security reasons.

With all that said, I DO congratulate on achieving this milestone now that you've made me aware.

But honestly, my friend, and I say this with fondness and respect, reading this rant is like my girlfriend giving me a ration of shit when I get home from work because I was too busy working that day to call her. So instead, rather than enjoy the fact that we have lots of time to talk now that I'm home, we have a big fight, don't talk to each other for the rest of the night and go to bed mad. I understand your disappointment and the point you are making, but it seems to be a bit counterproductive to express it this way, which could be a turnoff to visitors and actually cost you pageviews.

jester59388 said...

P.S. I always start with the new stuff and work my way backwards through the older posts until I reach the point where I previously left off. So NOW I see your post from Sunday. But that's kinda my point, Cal. Don't immediately jump to the conclusion that no one cares. Give us a chance to catch up. You live here, but we just drop in for a visit occasionally and aren't always up to speed with the latest news/posts.

Dr. Theda said...

Congrats, good Sir Kal !!!!!
Very impressive (but, then you do posts so very Many cool things !!)