Sunday, January 14, 2018

Isn't It Like The MAN To Break Up A Good Gang Dance Brawl?



This is a fun video with a great dance scene at the end. It is head and shoulder's above any dance scene in Saturday Night Fever. After 35 years I recently rewatched that movie on AMC and it was such a profound let down. I used to think the dancing was dazzling and the story broke my heart but it was so cringe inducing that I could barely get to the end of it. The dancing is so weak and simple that even I could do it and maybe do it better than Travolta. There I said it. I have never been more happy for the break that commercials provide in all my life just to get to the end. The soundtrack is still golden but the film is cinema non grata from now on for me.



2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've NEVER been able to make it through an entire viewing of "Saturday Night Fever."

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

See. I used to think it was so great. It was the first R rated movie I ever saw because they never carded you at the Base theatre.