Monday, March 19, 2018

Ketrincosplay And Calvin Explains Why You Should Care

 
I want to educate you all for a second. As you know I loves me the cosplay. I have since I first saw the pictures in magazines in the 70s. As lame as the costumes were, they were the first time I saw cartoon characters come to life. Instead of being disappointed I was thrilled. I only watched the ELECTRIC COMPANY because they had a live action Spider-Man bit. He didn't talk but he jumped around in a Spidey suit and that made it real enough for me.
 
These days I consider myself and expert on the hobby. The irony of course is that I am so agoraphobic that I am terrified to go to a Con let alone talk to a cosplayer. I choose to use this forum to highlight and honor some of the best that I see. I love when the illusion is created by the combination of a great model, a great costume and a great photograph, especially if good digital effects are added.
 
I found this girl today. I know few if any of the characters she did here. But look at the WORK. The DETAIL, the CRAFTSMANSHIP and combine that with the attitude of the model and the props and this is ART my friends. I wish the hobby wasn't so messed up internally by things I won't talk about here because that is a topic for another day. For now everyone should be inspired by Ketrin and at least try to reach the bar she has set, no matter what you love to do. Just give a SHIT about what you do and THIS will be the end result. Does that make sense?
 










 
To me, this character with be LOTR Batgirl.
You can see it too, right?
 

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, LOTR Batgirl is the perfect analogy!