Friday, March 16, 2018

My Two Faux Rap/Reggae Fusion Albums

I once taught at class in computer graphics on computers that were not meant for anything more complicated than what you can do with your average PAINT program. So I had the kids come up with their own rap names and look for images for their fake album covers. The had to create a CD case sized piece and a larger poster piece that we could then laminate to show off. I was all about production as a teacher. I wanted them always to make things like dioramas, or science projects so that at the end of the day they could see the RESULTS of all their hard work. Plus I am a genius at going from project to project and inspiring people to do better. I am the Tim Gunn of classroom projects.

They also could add extra effects but each had to submit three designs for judging by me. It was a good project and they took it seriously. We festooned the hallways with the best of the best and I was proud to show off their efforts and what the computer design program could bring to the school if we put some effort into it and got a few nice things like a real color printer.

The following two are the ones I created as a proof of concept and to show them the quality I was looking for. Most, however went way beyond the original simplistic assignment.

Today I miss the classroom very much and I miss being creative like this. The whole loss of my podcasting is leaving a huge hole in my heart that I am trying to find something else to fill it with.


 
This one is called BOOM BOX but I did the font too small.
 

2 comments:

MDJackson said...

Don't despair! I'm working on something that just might fit the bill. Keep watch for a PM!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, so THAT'S where your rap name came from! I wondered.